Children's Art Birthday Party
Schedule Your Own
Private Children's Birthday Party
We believe it is important that your child knows . . .“You are the one to thank for making your child’s birthday party special”. Parents supply the cake beverage and any special party suppliesWe set up the party area, run the art activity, help with timing of the party and clean up the mess!
Cost: $20 / child
All materials are included in the cost.
You Pick the Day and Time . . . You are not restricted to our store hours, when scheduling an art class or party. We have found that Sunday is a popular day for scheduling children’s birthday parties.
You Pick the Art Activity . . . Choose from a variety of 2-D and 3-D art age-appropriate art activities. The time for the art activity varies (60-90 minute) based on the age of the children and chosen art activity. We are happy to assist you in choosing the best art activity for your group; based on age, number of participants, and interests. Please feel free to come in with your own ideas and we will try to accommodate you.
• 1st grade is the minimum age for a children’s birthday party. Younger children can participate in a family group art class, however the parents and/or supervising adults are responsible for the child’s actions.
• Parents supply the birthday cake, ice cream, beverage and any special party supplies. We have a small refrigerator/freezer in the store if you need it.
• We supply a few party decorations to make the party environment more festive.
• Children’s Birthday Parties run 2 hours, allowing for everyone time to complete the art project, have cake and open gifts.
How to schedule a Private Children's Art Birthday Party?
Just come in and fill out our PRIVATE GROUP ART CLASS / Party Contract. We require a non-refundable deposit of $20 to reserve your date and time.
NOTE: You only pay for the children who come, not for the number on the reservation, however we ask that you keep us inform if the number drastically changes.
We don’t charge a fee if you need to reschedule the day and/or time of your art class.
Private Art Class/Art Party Venues
Plan a Private Art Class with Family and/or Friends
Plan a Private "ART PARTY" with refreshments, great for Girls Night Out or Office Holiday Party
Children's Art Birthday Party, you can choose from a variety of age-appropriate art activities. Parents bring the cake and drinks. We set up party area, run art activity, and clean up the mess.
Girl Scout Troop Art Badge, art materials and instruction are provided to complete the various art badge requirements.
Information when planning a private art class/party.
How far in advance do you need to schedule a private art class?
Our shortest lead time was 1 hour, but we recommend you give us more time to ensure we can accommodate your request.
• 1st grade is the minimum age when scheduling a private birthday party or art class just for children. Younger children can participate in a family group art class, however the parents are responsible for the child’s actions.
• We are recommending a maximum group size of 8 – 10 participants, however we can discuss accommodating a larger group.
• We ask that you pick only one art activity for your group to do, however we encourage you to come in with your own ideas and we will try to accommodate you.
• You are not restricted to our store hours, when scheduling an art class. Most of our private art classes are run after store hours and on days we are closed.
• All art materials are included in the cost of all our scheduled and private art classes.
• We reserve 2 hours for a private art class/party, however we don’t throw anyone out or charge extra if the class runs a little long.
• Art Classes are held in the store classroom area at the back of the main gallery level. Tables are set up for the number of people coming and the art activity materials are set out before you come. We ask that you keep us inform of any major changes in the number of people attending, so we can adjust the class room space before you come.
• During store hours the classroom space can be sectioned off, however gallery customers will still have limited access to view the artwork on the wall, the public bathroom and to pass through the area to get to the upper gallery and entrance/exit doors.
• There is convenient parking in the front and back of our store, however the back door has steps to get into the building. In the evening, we suggest you park in the lot behind our building, when the restaurants are open.
• The State Street front store entrance, classroom space and bathroom are on the main floor and are wheelchair accessible.
Please remember that Smith Studio and Gallery is not only a class room but a retail store, the class room area is surrounded by our artist's artwork. We ask that children be well mannered, careful and supervised by you. Parents and/or supervising adults are ultimately responsible their guest attending the art class or art party. Every effort will be made to keep store items “safe”; but there is a common understanding of “If You Break It, You Bought It”.